1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher MM1 - LD, RD or Homesteader?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by JFon101231, Jan 9, 2012.

1. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

I picked up a MM "upright" with an insta-act pump for a good price. I only needed the pump, but the upright was free with it so why not. I measured the blade mounting points and they are for the 7.5' and down sizes (~22.5" center to center), but how do I know whether this is for a LD, RD or Homestead type blades? Or maybe it doesn't matter and it would work with any of them?

Thanks,
    Jeff

2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

It won't be a Homesteader because that has a completely different headgear. Most likely would fit LD and RD.

3. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

It's not a Homesteader because that has a completely different headgear. The LD will have two trip springs and the RD will have three trip springs.

4. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

He doesnt have a blade, just the headgear

5. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Jeff, A good majority of the A frame forks are 22.5", including anything from 6.9' up to 9'. Was the pump attached to the headgear, or did you buy it separately? I find it odd that it isn't a complete setup. Am I correct in saying that it didn't come with the A frame section?

6. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Are you selling it. Post a pic. I want to do another old school diamond conversion.
    T.J.

7. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

@TJS - do you want just the upright so you can have the ear mounts, or the pump w/ bracket, wiring, lift piston etc. too?

I would consider selling it for the right price, but I was going to keep the pump and convert it to hydraulic, pick up a 7.5' foot blade w/ conventional a-frame, add a set of lights, and sell that way to make a few bucks back.

@Repoman - I was under the impression that 22.5" was 7.5' and down, 25" was 8' and up which is why you can't put a 8' blade on a 7.5' a-frame. I have 2 8' blades, and they are both 25". When I looked at the Fisher parts poster, it shows 3 different a-frame types that have the 22.5" mounting distance, but no way to tell them apart. I assume either LD or RD with that pattern would mount to this.

Here is what I bought.

MM1 upright.jpg

8. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Upright and yellow diamond
    Pm me a price.

9. RepoMan207

from Maine

There are actually 4-5 if you include the newer MM2 A frames @ 22.5". Which A frame you need depends on what size blade that you ultimately want. Here are a few examples.

Sorry about the markings, I had previously edited them for another thread.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. RepoMan207

from Maine

Headgear and Lift Arm.

11. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

Learn something new every day - and what is the difference between the L blade and M blade of the same size?

TJS - PM on its way.

Jeff

12. RepoMan207

from Maine

The L blades are the older models. The tell tale signs of an L blade are the L brackets on the bottom side of an A frame, and the bracket (as seen below) on the back side of a blade. The headgear you have will work with both, but the A frame and blade have to be one or the other, not mismatched.

The M style blades also bring the smaller 6.9' - 8' blades into the picture for you as well.

Lblade.jpg

Lblade.jpg