1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher mm1 issue!!!???

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 01lightning04ps, Dec 12, 2010.

1. 01lightning04ps

01lightning04ps Junior Member

Hi guys first post on the site. I have a mm1 on my 1994 f250. last year the up and down on my controller would be a pain sometimes. Well since it's been sitting the entire summer I when to play with the controller and I have side to side movement on the controller but the up and down is jammed. So I checked out the directional control unit under hood and it seems the tiny piston is frozen at the cable end. I called around and they want about 600 for a new unit. The one on the truck is a danfoss fluid power model 5971 10 I believe ( hard to read) and serial number 238922. If someone could direct me to a replacement or a repart center I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks justin

2. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Have you tried to spray it and free it up?

3. 01lightning04ps

Hi yes I did I took the cable off and tried to get movement from the little piston but it didn't move. I'm pretty sure the truck has had the plow on it since 94.

4. quigleysiding

Mine froze up last year and I forced it and it freed up. I saw an add on ri craigs list.search plow. It said plow parts the guy said he had two monarch valves that were new. He didn't have a price maybe you could make a deal with him if you can't get it to loosen up.

5. 01lightning04ps

Hey thanks a lot! I'll try whacking it a few more times but I'll check out craigslist too. Thanks

6. quigleysiding

They must have a rebuild kit for them but not sure where to get it. Maybe someone will chime in with some more info.

7. Megunticook

Megunticook Senior Member
    from Maine

These guys have some unused ones from old Fisher kits for $200:

http://www.cyncon.com/catalog.asp?prodid=509453&showprevnext=1

I just bought one. The Fisher part number is A4466-40. Pretty sure he said he had several on hand.

But maybe you already freed yours up. You should clean and lightly grease those valve spools every year. Perhaps a shot of penetrating oil would help free it up. Pull it out as far as it will go (maybe an inch or so).

Good luck!