1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher MM1 How do I get ait of of lines/pump

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Mike1288, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Mike1288

Mike1288 Junior Member

I have a Electric hydraulic Fisher MM1, I recently purchased a better moldboard and had disconnected one of my lines when attaching the moldboard. When I remove the fill screw the fluid comes gushing out, How do I go about adding more fluid to the pump with this issue? I have heard someone mention that there should be a vent that could be clogged, Where do I locate this vent? any help with be greatly appreciated.

2. Mike1288

Mike1288 Junior Member

Sorry that should have said Air out on lines...

3. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

The vent should be somewhere on the reservoir and have a plastic cap that screws on. If there's air in the lines raise the plow, move left and right a few times, put plow into float, loosen foil cap slowly till air escapes. Repeat until there's no more air.

4. Mike1288

Mike1288 Junior Member

This is the pump I have, Where would that cap be?

pump.jpg

5. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Been awhile since I've seen a mm1 but I think its behind the motor.

6. Mike1288

Mike1288 Junior Member

I actually just ended up taking the motor off and dumping in a half a quart and it seems much better now.