1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher mm1 help (again)

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by scitown, Oct 25, 2008.

1. scitown

scitown Senior Member

I have a mm1 and when the plow is in "float" I can not get the ram to push all the way back in and take the slack off the chain. When I am done plowing I will stop put it in "float" and push the piston down before shutting off the truck. It was fine the other day but today I moved it around fueled up the truck and came back and could not push it all the way back in. Any Ideas? I did replace the old vent last winter with a newer plastic on if that helps. It is going to the hydrolic shop monday for some fix up just would like to learn from this...Thanks

2. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Not sure if it's something thats going to help, but I find if I push on the top down, to close the lift all the way, It's hard to get it down, however what I learned and always do now, is from the front of the plow, I grap the lift chains, and push them down and back. Seems to push everything down easier that way, the cylinder is not vertical so I guess just pushing down on the top doesn't really push it the direction it needs to go. But thats assuming nothing is actually wrong with the unit

3. scitown

scitown Senior Member

I had my dad stand on it. Still nothing. So something isn't working maybe its not really floating. Either way its being taken apart Monday afternoon. I hoping its just somethig clogged.

4. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

I had the same issue with my old MM1- Was a bad cylinder. Hope this helps.

5. scitown

scitown Senior Member

Wow I sure hope its not that. Pricey?

6. GrnMtn

GrnMtn Junior Member

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Might want to actually check the S1 valve for magnetism (while in the float position) before throwing parts at it.