1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher MM1 goes up/down but thats all.

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by wildfireshane, Oct 30, 2011.

1. wildfireshane

wildfireshane Junior Member
    from Maine

Good Evening all,
    First all love the website, spent the last few hours tonight just browsing over it. Lots of great information and advice. Figure Id test my luck and see what some of you would advise for my situation.

I have a 1997 GMC sierra with a MM1 Fisher Plow 2 plug setup. I bought both the truck and plow used, but from separate sellers. The plow came off a Ford F250, so I had to buy new power pack(?) and harness for the truck. However everything on the plow remains the same. ((both the truck and the plow have seen better days))

Now the truck and plow worked fine last winter, used it for a few storms, not many issues i could complain about. Outside of the battery/alternator not having enough juice to run my warning lights, the plow and my cd player.. Which is fine, just had to do a little more singing (the dog wasnt too impressed though).. Anyways, last year on the final storm before I was done plowing, I noticed the plow was having a harder time turning left to right or right to left. It first went slow, then it would studer, then just stopped turning in direction (right) and eventually the other direction (left). It would go up and down just fine, however it would not turn.

On a side note, the low beams also are not working on the Drivers side of the plow, passenger side works just fine. The High beam works on both sides though. I dont know if any of this has any indication or connection to why the plow will not turn left or right.

I have read a few threads, and all have pointed in various directions, Im not overly mechanically inclined. I have the least clue of where to start. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Pics and more info can also be supplied if requested.

Thanks for your help.

Shane ussmileyflag

2. Hank

Hank Junior Member
    from MA

Welcome to the plowsite!

Just went through the same stuff...Check and clean your connections that would be my first stop.
    Use some electrical cleaner and either a tiny wire brush or a small screw driver and clean the plow side pins and the truck side connections.
    If you have a SEHP setup then change the filter and fluid as well. Good luck!

3. Hank

Hank Junior Member
    from MA

Also don't forget to use some electrical grease on all of the connections once your all done cleaning it all up

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Change the fluid, replace the filter, and clean the reservoir. Remove and clean the Cartridge Valves, and flush the bores. Then clean your connections and put everything back together. Using break cleaner completely clean your grill connectors, both plow side and truck side, re apply dielectric grease and get your trucks' charging system serviced. You should be good to go for another brutal season after that.

If you have questions on how to do each step...just ask.

Welcome to PS!