1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher MM1 angle problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by murdock246, Nov 14, 2014.

1. murdock246

murdock246 Junior Member
    from NY

Have a 97 f250 with a Fisher Minute mount 1. It goes up and down fine but only angles right. Worked fine this summer when I tested it. I have changed the fluid in it. It's driving me crazy. It's an electric hydraulic pump. Any suggestions? Things to try?
    Thanks

2. LON

LON Senior Member

3. murdock246

murdock246 Junior Member
    from NY

Thanks

Ill give that a try. Thanks so much

4. LON

LON Senior Member

Let me know if you got it fixed.

5. murdock246

murdock246 Junior Member
    from NY

Still wont go

I took s2 apart as best as I could. It didn't seem stuck. Could it be a bad solenoid valve coil? It's an off road truck so I can't take it anywhere and I'm e petting 1-2 ft of snow in the next few days. Could it be air in the system?

6. LON

LON Senior Member

What did the poppet look like?
    Can be a lot of things if comes down to electrical:
    Bad coil.
    Broken wire at plug in ends.
    Broken wire at end of handle at strain relief on Fish-stik.
    Bad pc board in Fish-stik.
    Bad contact switch if it's a Joy-stick.

You need to see if there is magnetism on the valve tip at S2 & S3 as it is those 2 opening together that makes left angle. Someone will have to run the left angle button while you check this. Using a test light you can also see if the is power making it to those coils NOTE!! Unplug the power cable and then run a jumper wire between the plug ends. This keeps the ground but looses the power so the motor doesn't run.
    See page 20-21 in the manual.

7. murdock246

murdock246 Junior Member
    from NY

Thanks. I did leave the end off the left angle cylinder to see if it pushed fluid out when I hit the angle left. It did. When I go to angle left I do hear the pump working. I may just take the pump assembly off and let a more qualified person than me fix it

8. 55cgas

55cgas Member
    from NJ

I thought the S3 controls left angle, not the S2??

9. murdock246

murdock246 Junior Member
    from NY

S3

Thanks I realized that too. I'm checking everything

10. LON

LON Senior Member

S2 + motor run = right angle
    S3 + motor run = lift
    S2 + S3 + motor run = angle left. Both have to be open. Reference pages 20 & 21 of manual.

11. LON

LON Senior Member

So since it goes both up & right both solenoid's are working so that leaves either poppet valve isn't working or input from the left angle button isn't there.

12. 55cgas

55cgas Member
    from NJ

Gotcha..

My plow is doing the same thing, so I ordered a new poppet valve ($25) and replace it, see if that solves the problem. When I hit the left angle button, I hear the solenoid kick on and I hear what sounds like fluid running but it don't angle. If I repeatedly click the left angle button it'll move like an inch each time I click, let go..click, let go..etc.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  13. LON

LON Senior Member

Did you confirm that S2 & S3 have a strong magnetism at the nut holding the coil on? If there is then it is mechanical (poppet valve). If not then it is electrical in nature. It could be the PC board.

14. 55cgas

55cgas Member
    from NJ

How do I check the magnetism at the nut? With a regular magnet when the angle button is pressed?

15. LON

LON Senior Member

With a screw driver. Have someone hit left angle while you hold the screwdriver about 1/8" off the end of the valve where the hold down nut is. Activation will pull the screwdriver down against end of valve. Do this for both S2 & S3, may take trying the button twice. Can also try a test light on them.

NOTE! Unplug the power harness then put a jumper wire across the grounds to re-establish ground to the unit.

If you have magnetism / power then it is mechanical in the pump.
    If you don't it is electrical and good luck tracing it down.

16. 55cgas

55cgas Member
    from NJ

Ok, you lost me at the unplug part... I am unplugging the wires to the S2 and S3 before I do the magnetism test?? If I unplug the wires how will there be power there when I click the left angle button??

17. LON

LON Senior Member

Unplug the big power & ground cable at the grille and put a jumper wire between the grounds. Leave all other plugs attached to do the test. This kills the power to the motor. IT CAN STILL DROP SO STAY CLEAR AND DON'T HIT DOWN!

18. LON

LON Senior Member

or better yet put the plow down before getting in & around it.

19. 55cgas

55cgas Member
    from NJ

AHHHH!!!!, now I got it.. I will try this tomorrow, after it stops raining.. Thank You!!

20. 55cgas

55cgas Member
    from NJ

Ok, I did the magnetism test, S2 and S3 have magnetism, so I guess it's the poppet valve, i'll replace it now and let you know.