1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher MM1 And MM2 Interchange questions

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 72tx340, Jan 17, 2012.

1. 72tx340

72tx340 Junior Member

Hi all My old 97 dodge 4x4 died but has a MM2 plow on it thats about 4 years old. I just purchased a new 06 GMC 2500 with a fisher MM1 plow. Id like to swap plows. The MM1 has the old fashioned manual pull pins where the MM2 has the newer lever that moves the pins.

My question is, is the wiring the same on the plow frame assembly (looks like it is). Can i just remove the plow on my 06 and put the newer MM2 system on just using the push plates? Plus my MM2 has the hand held controller with on off button can this be wired in as well? The GMC has the older bar type control switch.

Thanks for your input!!
  2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

As long as it is 3 plug setup like the mm2 then the wiring is the same.That also determines if the truck is setup for a mm2? As far as your controller if the truck already has a joystick you can find where it plugs in unplug it and plug in your handheld controller
  3. 72tx340

72tx340 Junior Member

Yes both trucks have 3 connecting cords on them that go to the plow. Looks like one is control one is lights and one for power to the pump. The only difference i see is the cords come out of the dodge to the plow. The chevy had a connector strapped on the grill to plug the 2 wire positive and negative to the pump motor.

Oh yeah are the puch plates the same on the chevy reguardless if i go to the newer mm2?
  4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

The plates work, there are all kinds of different versions, but they will fit any of the MM and MM2 plows out there. The only thing that changes are the truck compatibility, meaning the ones on the Chevy, will not fit the Dodge...
  5. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Thats fine one of the plugs is strapped to the grill keeps it from moving
  6. 72tx340

72tx340 Junior Member

Thanks everyone. Id like to keep my newer MM2 and put the older plow on the dodge which is going to be sold. just like to keep the best stuff on my newer truck. Ill be doing the swap this weekend.
  7. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Yup, just drive the Chevy up to the MM2 instead of the MM1 the next time you want to mount it.
  8. 72tx340

72tx340 Junior Member

Great ill report this weekend plus im going to swap and keep the newer hand held control too.