1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher MM1-8' 1999 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Geoff426, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Geoff426

Geoff426 Junior Member

Hello all-

I just hooked up my MM1 to my 99 dodge ram truck today for the first time. All seemed well until I started driving down the road. My truck started overheating almost immediately. The last truck I used this plow on was a 02 F250 with a diesel, it never overheated. I looked over my coolant and made sure the thermosat was open, and the water pump was a flowing. I played with the height of the plow on the truck and as long as I didnt go over 40 MPH it stayed around 210 degrees. When I came to stop lights the truck temperature decreased a bit. Is this common?

2. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Did you angle the blade for better airflow? Try posting in the Dodge section- they may have more answers for you.
  3. Geoff426

Geoff426 Junior Member

Yep- angled it, dropped it real close to the ground, lifted it way up. My best results were close to the ground. Thanks for the tip on the dodge discussion forum. I have posted it there as well.

4. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Not sure if those trucks have an option for a heavy duty fan-clutch but you may want to look into it.. Diesel's run cooler first off.. Goodluck!