1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher mm1 2 wire

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by bossplow0010, Dec 19, 2014.

1. bossplow0010

bossplow0010 Junior Member
    from Vernon

I am not much of a fisher plow person but I would like to ask if anyone knows the cause and possible fix for my problem. I have a 7.6 strait blade fisher. The truck side wiring is a universal western wiring harness that a dealer says I can use instead of the old relay system. when everything is hooked up the pump just clicks and plow does nothing. Then suddenly the pump runs and won't shut off unless you unplug it from the truck. Can anyone help!!!!

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Replace solenoid.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

What do you have now?
    What's your dealer recommending?

4. bossplow0010

from Vernon

Tried that and I don't go to dealers because they all tell me to buy this and that and that. The solenoid that is in there is brand new. Thanks!

5. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Only a few things it can be. Bad/wrong solenoid, bad wiring, incorrectly wired, bad control.

What is the part number to this universal harness? What does it use to switch lights if no relays are used? What truck is it on? Do lights work? What control are you using? Has this plow been on the truck or is it a new install?

6. dieselss

What he said ^^^^^^

7. bossplow0010

from Vernon

No plow is old, lights work fine fluid is full all connections are clean and tight. controller lights up fine and when pump is on works all four ways. controller is older style box with short joy stick.

8. dieselss

Pump works 4 ways? You serious Clark?