1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher MM1 2 Plug on 99 F250?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by powerstrokeme88, Dec 30, 2009.

1. powerstrokeme88

powerstrokeme88 Junior Member
    from RI

I just bought a 1999 f250 and i found a minute mount 1 2 plug set up real cheap, i was wondering if the two plug set up will work, or do i need the 3 plug.

2. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Two plug will work. It just has to do with the headlights. 2 Plug uses relays to switch on the lights and 3 wire uses the isolation module.

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I have an entire truckside two wire harness with Fish Stik if you are interested.....

4. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

Buy the 3 plug setup for your truck and convert that plow to a 3 plug. Less problems down the road.

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Why do you say that? I would rather have two $10 relays to fail than a $100 Iso module. Not to mention the crazy Fisher pricing on those wiring harnesses......

6. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

I have been noticing alot of 2 plug setups malfactioning lately, maybe because they are getting to be that age now, its pretty rare for an Iso module to go bad, right?

I'd rather update it now instead of cursing when it has a melt down during a storm. Fisher updated for a reason.