1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher MM Wiring

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by RepoMan207, Nov 18, 2008.

1. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I need to know what I actually have under the hood for a module.

Plow side:1996 8' MM 1 SEHP 2 harness style 9 pin and 2 pin power

Truck side: 02 GMC 2500 HD 6.0 / the obvious 9 pin harness and 2 Pin power

Considerations: Previous owner had a this plow swapped over from a 96 GMC to this 02 GMC.

Goal: Make a 3 plug set up rather then the 2.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Currently you have no module under the hood Ryan..the two plug relay systems didn't use one.

To convert it to three plug your going to need every single stitch of electrical hardware except the controller and the motor solenoid. Everything else can't be used to build a three plug system.

3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

That's what I had to do, collect every piece of harness to put this 3plug together. The truck is in the back yard right now with wires everywhere.

Why do you want a 3 plug system if your 2 plug works, I assume? What are the pros and cons between the two systems?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

As long as the two plug relay system is on the truck and working fine there's no critical reason to swap it out until it's either transfer time, or it begins to give problems from age.

Only other reason guys commonly switch is in order to update the plow side so they can interchange plows on a different truck that's already equipped with a three plug Iso Mod system. Basically just standardizing the fleet.

5. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I was thinking that if I got a second truck, I could have either another Fisher or a Western and be able to swap if needed. Thanks.

6. RepoMan207

from Maine

Awesome, Thats kinda what I was afraid of. I need the other system in order to make repossessions easier. There is a certin lender that I want to sign up, but it requires no vehcle repossession, just the plow or sander.

Thank you B&B

Banksy......you haven't got that thing together yet! What are waiting on :jester:

7. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I'm getting there. Hopefully I'll finish today. I got all the harnesses in except the headlights and I still need to tap into the cigarette lighter with that one little wire. I mounted the motor relay on the passenger batter tray, I'll take pics. Sorry to hijack your thread.

8. RepoMan207

from Maine

no worries man, Mi Casa es Su Casa!