1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher mm wiring problem/99 ford S.D.

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by markd3682, Dec 17, 2008.

1. markd3682

markd3682 Junior Member

I recently bought a used (1998) M.M. SEHP plow set up for my truck 99 Ford Super Duty with 7.3). We put in the harness according to the schematic from Fisher. I have a problem that the high beam indicator stays on now and when I change to high beams it looks like there is a ground problem (light is at half the intensity). There is no problem with the low beams (on the truck)

Last night when I hooked up the plow and plugged everything in there was no LOW beams on the PLOW lights just HIGH beams. I'm so confused.

I talked to Roger at Fisher and he suggested checking the solenoids. I changed both solenoids but no change with the lights. Tried calling Roger back but he must be busy, no call back yet.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Sounds like you have a HB1 cross harness and not a HB5. Unplug the cross harness at either headlight on the truck and check and see if the blue wire is in the middle of the plug or outside.

3. markd3682

markd3682 Junior Member

Thanks for the help and input. I went back and rechecked the (blue) ground wire and found that I had it plugged into the solenoid where the (white-high beam) wire was. You were RIGHT about the ground being bad.

Thanks again

Mark