1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher MM Refurb

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by TimSully88, Nov 27, 2011.

1. TimSully88

TimSully88 Junior Member

I disassembled the plow a few weeks ago and rented a sandblaster. I got in way over my head with that project but made it happen. I was not set up properly and made a huge mess in the garage. I returned the rental and finished the rest with a wire wheel and needle gun. Gonna get the painting done in sections starting with the front of the blade. Once down to bare metal, sprayed it with ospho and let it sit over night. Got two coats of rusty metal primer and gonna hit it with two coats of yellow next.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More pics to come.

2. 04tundra

04tundra Senior Member

looks good, keep it going, gonna look brand new when your done

3. TimSully88

TimSully88 Junior Member

Progress Update

Got some more primer and some yellow on the blade. Cleaned up the ends of the piston/cylinders also. A good respirator is going to be my next purchase...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. TimSully88

TimSully88 Junior Member

Products of choice in order of application:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]