1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher MM on a '94 Wrangler

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by tvpierce, Aug 7, 2003.

1. tvpierce

tvpierce Senior Member
    from Maine

I'm new to the forum -- wow, lots of great info and lots of helpful people!

I currently plow (just my driveway, and my neighbor's) with a '53 Willys Pickup with 6 1/2' Fisher QS. It's an unbelievable combination, but the truck is not roadworthy -- strickly a yard vehicle. I have the opportunity to get a '94 Jeep Wrangler at a great price, and a guy in the local paper is selling a 6 1/2' Fisher MM with Jeep mount. I've searched the forum, and the Wrangler seems to be the perfect rig for my application.

My question is: Is installing the plow and gear a do-it-yourself job? I'm plenty mechanical -- I do all the work on cars and on the Willys. It seems pretty straight foreward, but I'm hoping someone here has some first-hand experience.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff Pierce

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

If your mechanically inclined,you should be able to install it.

I'd recommend you download the PDF instruction guides,to make sure you are capable of it.Having the parts list is also nice,so you can make sure everything is there when you but the plow,and you can pick up anything that isn't.

While installing the plow,add a set of Timbren load boosters.

3. wyldman

wyldman Member

4. tvpierce

tvpierce Senior Member
    from Maine

Thanks wyldman. Just what I needed.

As I said in my first post, "Lots of great info and lots of helpful people!"

Jeff Pierce

5. wyldman

wyldman Member

No problem Jeff,Welcome to Plowsite :waving:

Keep us up to date on the install,and get a few pics when you get it all done.

6. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

I'll second that. Two years ago I bought an used but reconditioned 6.5' Fisher plow. It was my first plow and I installed it myself on Toyota pickup. I did run into a few problems but everythings went out well after installation. That's because I downloaded the install guide on Fisher website and used them since the seller of the plow never bother to give it to me. :rolleyes:

I think you should be able to do the installation fine. Electrical may be your toughest task I would image, but not too difficult.

7. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

A plow installer once told me that installing a plow on a Jeep whether it be a Wrangler or a Cherokee is not that bad until the truck bites you and youre destined to get pinched a few times while installing it. Things can get tight.

Jay