1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher MM not moving

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Vinrum, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Vinrum

Vinrum Junior Member

Yesterday I went out to fuel the truck up for the upcoming storms. I have power at the joystick, and when I move the stick, I can hear a click from under the hood, but no movement of the plow what so ever.. The day before It worked normal. Any suggestions where I should start??
  2. zlssefi

zlssefi Senior Member

check all of your connections coming through the grille. If those seem ok check the connections on your plow motor. clean them and re tighten. If that doesnt work, have someone operate the plow control while you wiggle the plugs coming through the grille. that will tell you if the wires are coming loose behind the plugs. Other than that it could be the motor frozen, or rusted together.
  3. LON

LON Senior Member

Can you hear to motor spinning? If you can then the pick-up tube may be sludged over (had one last week) or it fell off.

If not then you'll have to see if the solenoid is transferring power out to motor.
  4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Ck the solenoid. Pwr in pwr out when you hit up, l or r
  5. mikem503

mikem503 Junior Member

Same problem here. I changed the solenoid, worked for 10 mins then stopped.
    I removed and cleaned all connections nothing.
  6. mikem503

mikem503 Junior Member

When I turn it on there is power. As soon as i hit up, down, L or R power goes off. Not enough time to get a reading even with a meter already in place. But it will stay on if I hit Float.

I am going to swap the handneld that came with it to a western joystick, maybe that will help.
  7. mikem503

mikem503 Junior Member

Just how do I check power out of Solenoid?
  8. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Where did you get the solenoid? Double check your wiring. Hooked wrong could be causing your control issues.

Test light plow side large terminal on solenoid with someone pushing up.
  9. Vinrum

Vinrum Junior Member

Thanks guys for the advice.. New solenoid, and now its running like a champ..
  10. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Good deal V ..
  11. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

awesome, good luck this storm!