1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher mm keeps turning off under load

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by apextree, Jan 31, 2015.

1. apextree

apextree Junior Member
    from NEPA

I have a fisher mounted on a 99 f350.I started the truck this morning and when I went to raise the plow, it came up as usual. When I tried to angle it the controller turned off. I was able to lower it, but when I try to raise or angle I hear the solenoid click and the controller turns off. I'll take any advice, because we have a bunch of snow coming tomorrow into Monday!

2. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

test the solenoid maybe?

3. apextree

apextree Junior Member
    from NEPA

I'm gonna try that now. Its so cold outside today, 7 degrees lol

4. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Check the ground wires mine did that the other day was the ground at the bat

5. snowplower1

ik, i wanted to clean my truck out considering its trashed from plowing so much lately but its not worth being out there. i agree with quigley, it could be ground wire or something

6. apextree

apextree Junior Member
    from NEPA

OK I'm gonna check the ground. I jist pulled the solenoid too. I'm going to go see if I can get one right now

7. apextree

apextree Junior Member
    from NEPA

I just replaced the solenoid, it still isn't working. Battery terminals are good. Could it be ice in the pump?

8. snowplower1

Not sure about ice. Could your controller be bad? I know my western controller went bad and it would raise and lower but only went right. If you've got a buddy that has the same controller you could test it out

9. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Ck where your controller power wire is tapped into. It might have wiggled loose. Also Ck your controller connector itself, wiggle that and see what happens