1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher MM HT series plow question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by DBCC186, Sep 7, 2009.

1. DBCC186

DBCC186 Junior Member

I am new to plowing and I just put money down on a new Fisher HT Series Minute Mount plow. I will have it installed on 2002 Silverado 1500 Ext.cab 4x4 5.3 with 3.73 rear axle. I would like to get a 3/4 ton but money is a problem right now and this is my only truck. My question is if I do someday get a 3/4 ton will this 7.6 foot blade and mount fit it? Dealer says yes, but I would like to hear from others. Dealer is pretty cool and is letting me put it on lay away and make payments when I can. Thanks

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes you could get a mount for the plow when retrofitting to a larger truck. But your real issue will be that an HT isn't heavy duty enough to have a larger truck pushing it. If you're already thinking that you'll be upgrading to a heavier truck in the future buy more plow now.