1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher MM for Toyota Camry?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Banksy, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I was thinking of using my wifes Camry as a back up rig to my Dodge. Does Fisher make a mount for a Toyota Camry? I figure I could put 800 pounds of ballast on the hood with v-bar chains on the front since it's front wheel drive. It would have to carry my 8 foot Minute Mount. Will the 4 cylinder automatic push snow as good as my Cummins and tow a trailer full of mowers? Any help would be great!!

...............Sorry after pages of reading and bored at work, I was inspired to write this. :p

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Hold that thought..........

3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Right there is where things went wrong. :drinkup:

4. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

You dont get paid to think.

5. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

Great post haha....got a good morning chuckle out of it

6. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

LOL good one, if you find toyota's mounts somewhere, will my better half's 4-runner carry my 8.5 uni-mount? Is the front suspension rated for that? it you be great to know!

7. Plowin in VT

Plowin in VT Senior Member

But where'll you mount the 10' spreader???

8. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

A tail gate spreader would work just fine. Get a 1" receiver and hook it up. The unibody construction should hold it just fine. Should work, right? :drinkup:

9. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

It should work just fine..
    You could just remove the back seat and you will have a place to carry your salt ...:nod:

10. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

your on to somthing there!

11. abbert55

abbert55 Senior Member

The Toyota will work.... as long as you install a posi unit in the front diff. You can plow with 2 wheels powered, but not just one.:dizzy::nod:

12. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

that is what my old boss use to say to me:jester:

13. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member