1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher mm angle left hard and slow

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by deeznuts, Jan 1, 2008.

1. deeznuts

deeznuts Junior Member
    from nh

i have an older 8' hd minute mount on a 96 dodge 2500. when i put it up or to the right it is nice and fast. When i angle it left its very slow and will get stuck sometimes. i took the three coils and valves out, cleaned the heck out of them and the whole valve body, changed the fluid and filter, new angle pistons and motor. changed the coils too but nothing helped. i then took the lines going to the angle pistons and put them in a bucket, had someone try the angle and when it goes right the fluid comes out the left hose fine but when it goes left the fluid comes out the right hose and when it stops it shoots out the other too. seems like its working against it self when i angle left. really aggravating. can anyone help???
  2. deeznuts

deeznuts Junior Member
    from nh

its not the insta-act its the other. 2 plugs and i forgot to say i changed both plugs with new replacments too
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You said that you removed the valves and cleaned the manifold... did you also remove and inspect the poppet check valve assembly from the manifold? If the poppet doesn't open for one reason or another it won't allow the left cylinder to expel the fluid back to the reservoir as it's retracting, so the right cylinder will fight like crazy to try and compress the left cylinder (since the fluid in the left cyl has nowhere to go).

The poppet must be opening at least a little since it will actually angle left, it's just slow...

But it sounds like it definitely isn't fully opening.