1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher mm 3 port iso problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by spartagr, Dec 28, 2014.

1. spartagr

spartagr Junior Member
    from NY

just installed a fisher 3 port iso green 29070-1 on an 04 chevy suburban to run a mm1 3 plug straight blade.. got everything connected and i get no lights and no power. can anyone tell me where I might have gone wrong? or maybe its the wrong iso? any help.. thank you

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Fuses....And plow is hooked up and plugged in while you're cking this right?
    Parking lights and turn signal inop as well?

3. spartagr

spartagr Junior Member
    from NY

Right. Hooked plow up, nothing working

4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Make sure the small red wire going to solenoid's large terminal is on the battery side.

5. spartagr

spartagr Junior Member
    from NY

Ok ill check it. I'm almost sure it is. I hooked everything up like the diagram in the book.

6. kimber750

The other thing to check is that the ignition accessory wire is getting a full 12v when the key is turned on.

7. spartagr

spartagr Junior Member
    from NY

Ok I'll check that too. I do have the correct set up for my vehicle right?

8. kimber750

Only thing that is really vehicle specific is mount and light harness. If mount bolted up and harness plugged in I would guess everything is correct.

9. dieselss

That might not matter for right this minute.

10. spartagr

spartagr Junior Member
    from NY

Ok I'll check those couple wires tomorrow and see what happens. Thanks for helping

11. spartagr

spartagr Junior Member
    from NY

Ok so 1 problem was the small red wire not secure in fuse panel. Now I have power. But no lights. I have not yet spliced in the turn signal wires. Will that cause the lights to not work. The truck lights go out but plow lights don't turn on.

12. kimber750

Not sure since never tried lights without park and turn spliced in. Suggest finish the install then try lights again.

13. dieselss

I'll say yes, need you to hook up the parking lights

14. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

The parking light circuit is what switches the high and low beam relays in the isolation module. So, you do need at least the parking lamp wire from the plug-in harness to be spliced into the vehicle's parking lamp circuit, or the lights will not switch from truck to plow when the plow is plugged in. Being that you say the truck lights go out, but the plow lights do not come on, you also need to confirm correct orientation of the vehicle headlamp plugs (all four) where they plug into the plug-in harness... The negative (grounded) wire on each plug should orient with the wire marked "COM" on each plug on the plug-in harness. This configures the harness connections for the proper headlamp common... which, in the case of your vehicle, is negative.

15. spartagr

spartagr Junior Member
    from NY

The harness had grey and black plugs. I'm assuming that grey goes to grey and black to black. I think grey is low beam and black is high beam.

16. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

That's correct. However, the plugs will plug into the plug-in harness in either direction, but they are only correctly oriented in one direction, and will not function if not oriented correctly. The harness is universal for vehicles with negative common and positive common to the headlamps. Yours is negative common.

17. spartagr

spartagr Junior Member
    from NY

Ok I'll double check that. Thanks for your help

18. spartagr

spartagr Junior Member
    from NY

Ok so now I have lights working on the plow, blinkers working, but no parking lights on plow. Any ideas?

19. dieselss

And you did this correct?

20. spartagr

spartagr Junior Member
    from NY

I believe so. Green wires labeled park turn on pass side. Spliced into parking light on vehicle. Blue wire on driver side to parking light on vehicle