1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher MM 2?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CPSS, Feb 2, 2003.

1. CPSS

CPSS Senior Member

All set to get a new 8.5' Fisher straight blade on our new 2003 F-250. Dealer called and asked if we wanted the new style MM2 or the old MM. Said he had both in stock. I don't know anything about the "new" MM2. Any input? pros & cons? About the same price, so its up to you guys!!!:confused:
  2. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

I have seen MM2 in person. I do not own Fisher MM2 yet, but I do own Fisher orignal MM and I think that MM2 is better. So stick with MM2.
  3. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

MM2 has some new feauture where its easier to put it on and take it off. You pull one lever and it locks or unlocks everything in one shot. The MM2 also has some new spring that automatically pulls down the piston each and every time you drop the blade so when you go to take it off, you can never forget to push piston down fully. Some people have posted here they dont like that it does this cause when you go raise the plow, it has to make up for that slack, which takes a second or two, then it starts to raise the plow. I never used either, but have seen both in person and Id say go with the MM2, only because its the newest one out, the MM is the older model now. Wait for some more replies, alot of experienced guys on here who own and run Fishers. I have a Western, but I like Fishers too, good plow. If at all possible, let the plow dealer show you the new feature on the MM2 how it goes on and off if they have a truck there with one. Mike :waving:
  4. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

MM2 by all means. They did a sweet job of cleaning up the headgear and the blade asm is much better also. Look at them side by side. Welds and supports on MM2 are better IOM. Price should not be as important as quality. Jerre
  5. Chief Plow

Chief Plow Senior Member

I own a MM mount. I have seen personally the minute mount 2. I like the new design feature of being able to use one lever to get it on and off. I think it is easier to use. I wish it had came out last year. Oh well will have to wait till we get another truck to buy one... Good luck

6. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Go with the MM2. One lever pulls both pins, set the jackstand and pushes the piston down. You should be pushing the "triangle" down anyway whenever you unhook, so saying it takes an extra second to raise the plow is not an argument. This simply does it for you.

I have the MM and have seen the MM2 several times. I just wonder what they'll come out with next to be even easier.
  7. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

Even though I don't have one I'd get the MM2 only because its the new design, Which ever you decide please post some pictures:D
    PS: why not a "V"?
  8. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

True Mick, but the MM2 pulls the piston all the way down each and every time you drop the plow, or only when you want to unhook it? Either way, yea, it shouldnt be a concern if it takes an extra second or so to get it raised before you can back up. Im sure it may take some getting used to though. Mike :)
  9. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

I saw the mm2 at the big "E"...it looks strong and works slick I will replace my mm with a 2 when the need arises
  10. drobson

drobson Senior Member

I have both and like the MM2 better. I like the spring/cable that pulls the piston down, it's a great idea. However, the one lever to hookup does not work that great when unhooking the plow. The way it is setup does not give much leverage to pull the pins if they have a little pressure on them, such as when the blade may be uneven because of ice or snow, or in my case just an uneven driveway. I end up having to do it the old way of prying one of the pins out with a hand tool, and because of the setup there is not much room to get a anything in there. On the other hand it saves time when hooking up because the lever does a great job when there is no pressure on the pins.

As far as the rest of the plow, I am very happy with it over the MM. And the cost was only $100 more than the original MM. Oh, if you buy either one, go with the upgrade to the fish stik control, I like it much better than the standard control. And the upgrade was only $50 when your buying the plow. Hope this helps...
  11. wxmn6

Would you please explain why it is better? I'm curious if there is another advantage with it other than location convience?
  12. drobson

drobson Senior Member

Don't get me wrong, the fish stik won't let your plow do anything that the standard control can't do, but besides being able to use it with either hand from any position, it also is contoured to your hand and the thumb buttons are positioned to be more comfortable during use.
  13. mulchmonkey2000

mulchmonkey2000 Senior Member

Does the new MM2 hook up like the Western Ultramounts? Sounds like it. I was just curious b/c you don't see many Fisher blades around here.
  14. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

I also own both and just used the new MM2 yesterday for the first time(my truck still has a MM1)The MM2 is alot easier to hook up as mentioned,it seems twice as rugged as the MM1,with a Snofoil and no cutting edge this thing cuts,scrapes and throws snow like a dream,the biggest downfall is the piston retracting all the way down every time you hit the button which makes it awfull for stacking snow,while a second or two dont seem like much,it meens everything when stacking,i thought i could simply adjust my timing but it just wasn't so,that is my ONLY complaint with this plow,other than that is's a no brainer!Go for the MM2
  15. Roger Dodger

Roger Dodger Senior Member
    from nw Pa.

I saw a brief glimpse of the MM3 from Fisher. It's beautiful, a real conversation piece and a totally new concept in plow attachment as well as snowplowing. OK here are the details:

Fisher engineers have taken the MM2 design and now included a good looking woman that attaches the plow for you. She then starts up, drives the truck and then even plows for you as you sit in the passenger seat navigating, sipping a cup of coffee. There are two new switches on the FishStick controller. One labeled "ALTERNATE" that allows you to plow and have her shovel instead. The other is "MAINTENANCE MODE" where during idle periods or off season she inspects, adjusts, lubes, and paints the plow for you.

Just kidding around to you ladies out here!;)
  16. CPSS

CPSS Senior Member

Thanks for the replies. Sno-Mover, havent seen the need for the V, mabey I'm wrong but most of our accounts are large parking lots. Whats the big advantage?
  17. wxmn6

What? Fisher is already making MM3? Where did you see it, and do you have a picture of it? When is Fisher expecting to release it?
  18. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Read the post carefully. The whole post.
  19. wxmn6

HAHA ...LOL ... you got me! :D

I was not really pay attention carefully to his post. I thought that the first paragraph was true and the second paragraph was a joke. Silly me. :rolleyes: But that was a good one. :D
  20. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Come on Steve, you know there is no MM3. :D Mike