1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher MM 1 or 2 on 1996 F-350?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by oldstump, Oct 10, 2008.

1. oldstump

oldstump Junior Member

Just acquired a 1996 F-350 dump with RWD, 7.5L, auto with heavy front suspension. Has MM push plates on front but no plow, nor hydraulics or wiring harness/control stick. I'm not sure what MM system will work for this truck. Someone told me there is no pulley on the engine to drive hydraulics, so therefore, it must have had previously a MM2 setup. I did find in the glovebox a 1995 Fisher plow owner's manual for belt drive hydraulics. That makes me think there was a MM1 system previously.

What is the right Fisher model?

2. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

Depends...they offered the MM1 with the on engine pump in two setups, the cabled controlled valve setup, and the Electric Clutch/Solenoid Valve setup

MM1s were also offered with the SEHP electric pump system, and eventually with the Insta-Act electric setup

MM2s have only come with the Insta Act setup

=Nick

3. oldstump

oldstump Junior Member

Thank you, Nick.

Sounds like the under the hood hydraulic pump setup would work on the 1996 F350... I would need to install a pulley somewhere on the front of the engine, or is it a matter of using a longer serpentine belt?

I found a threaded rod attached to the alternator bracket. Perhaps there was a pump mounted on passenger side under the hood, but I don't see any signs of a pump bracket or any bolt holes in that area.

Russ
    Maine

4. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

post a picture.

5. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

The pulley added onto the front of the crankshaft pulley, and uses a separate belt to run the hydraulic pump. Also, you would need to find or fabricate all of the brackets for the pump, valve body, (and if it is the EC/SV system, reservoir). Pictures would help with identification. - Nick

6. PLOW_GUY

PLOW_GUY Junior Member

7522 was the part # for your trucks hydraulic pump kit. If you go to fisherplows.com and search this number you can see evrything that makes this up. You will find a list of part #'s and all Good luck that atuff is getting harder to come by.

7. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  8. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

I really get a kick out of this post. No one read what he is saying!

9. brad96z28

If u have push plates on the truck U can put whatever set up u want on it. Reguardless of what someone may have had. U can put the old belt type mm1 or or electric mm1 or mm2.Whatever u want. If all it has is pushplates who knows what it had nor does it matter.

10. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

"Someone told me there is no pulley on the engine to drive hydraulics, so therefore, it must have had previously a MM2 setup"

Except he said this, which is an incorrect assumption, because the MM1 came in 2 electric setups also. Thats why i provided the information that i did. Youre right that either setup will work, but i just wanted to clear things up for him

11. brad96z28

who is to say that someone did not take the pulley off????????

Oh well. Hope he is all set now anyway :salute:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008