1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher MM 1 not responding

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by polaris 2010, Jan 28, 2011.

1. polaris 2010

polaris 2010 Junior Member

I have a fisher minute mount with an electric joystick controller bought the truck a 2002 used with the plow on it i figure the plow is at least 8 years old i have it 5 years never an issue well maintained. This year lately it started to not go down or angle unless i went up first only did it a couple of times but now more frequent.Yesterday now it is getting stuck when going up and i let go of the joystick. Trying to get some feedback before i start spending money on parts i dont need .

2. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

1st, clean, dry and grease ALL your connections; battery, grille plugs, motor. Then try a different controller.

3. polaris 2010

Mm1

Thanks for the input seems to only be a problem when its snowing out connections all look good have extra controller for when it acts up again question to change the filter do you have to remove motor is that the location

4. FordFisherman

from 06611

Insta-act or SEHP?

5. 94chevy2500

94chevy2500 Senior Member

sylinoid im almost positive that has happened to us last year and this year and we change it and problem fixed it seems like the same problem

6. polaris 2010

my pump is a sehp spoke to someone who said to remove motor i was not sure if it would stay in tact or was like myers e 47 spring loaded and then brushes and all would fall out want to make sure before i do it

7. polaris 2010

thanks for info on selenoid gonna try it next cheap fix

8. FordFisherman

from 06611

Drain the reservoir, remove the 2 bolts that hold the motor and lift off, (I rest mine on a rag bunched up on the bumper). Remove gasket. Theres 2 bolts that hold the pump in place, remove and locate the filter and remove; replace or clean. Reverse procedure but change the gasket.

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Both issues are caused by a faulty joystick. Swap it with a spare.