1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher MM 1, Mounting Question

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by areoseek, Dec 14, 2013.

1. areoseek

areoseek Member
    from Erie PA

Hello, I run a 1985 F250 with a Fisher MM 1 uth pump system,

but this year i've noticed I havent been scraping pavement clean like last year.
    Where the plow meets the mount, I have three holes for the pins on the plow. I currently have it in the bottom hole. Does wich hole i use, affect How it plows dramatically? It's a royal Pain in the butt to drop it to the ground and move it up again when its 20 degrees out, so I thought i'd ask before i tried. would like to bring her down to clean scrapes again.

thanks guys!

-Devin
    Erie, Pa

2. zlssefi

zlssefi Senior Member

If your using the bottom holes it will stand the cutting edge up straighter, which will in turn scrape better. This is how all of my plows are setup. the only other thing you could do, and it takes some fab work is: take the plow off, flip it over, take a chain binder from the trip edge to the a frame and tighten it. This will pull the trip edge so that it opens. you can then insert 1/2 inch metal strips and weld them to the blade, not the trip edge. this will stand up your trip edge and it will essentially be at the same angle as an x blade. once the strips are welded, release the binder and the plow will scrape ten times better, you will also get more time out of your cutting edge because it wears straighter instead of on an angle.

3. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Wouldn't it be easier to just take the trip edge off, weld, then put the trip edge back on? Legit question, I'm not being a smart @$$.

4. zlssefi

zlssefi Senior Member

No, main reason being is you would have to tr and compress each spring individually when you put it back together, major pita!

5. areoseek

areoseek Member
    from Erie PA

Thank you guys. Moved it to the other hoe, seems to have a better angle

6. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Those holes are to set the a frame angle - it is supposed to be level, and use the hole that is closest to level. From experience with Fishers, if you do use the wrong hole to change the scrape angle 2 things will happen - first the main pivot pin will be over stressed, and in the older style plows will bend and reset the moldboard angle anyway. Second sooner than later the wearing edge will wear back and you're back to the same issue.

you need to find out why it's not scraping - do you have a cutting edge? does it need one? Are you're pins worn out? (they will allow change of angle of the blade when worn)

7. areoseek

areoseek Member
    from Erie PA

Cutting edge could use replaced, just worried about how much itll cost