1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher MM-1, MM-2

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by GSORK, Dec 20, 2004.

1. GSORK

GSORK Senior Member

Whats the difference in these set ups?
  2. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

MM1 headgear was angle iron,MM2 is tube,MM1 connecting pins were engaged seperatly by hand so to speak,MM2 connecting pins are engaged/disengaged together with one handle.
  3. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

They also change plow to A frame connection from a style that they used for over 40 years to one that is lighter and less labor intensive (cheaper) to produce. They did away with the classic Fisher back brace/stiffner that made them very heavy and very stiff and strong too. New design does spreader load over a great area on pivot pin and shares basic A frame with Vee plow now to reduce production costs too. Myself I think the MM1's are sturdier not that new ones are weak though.

Also as a further note a MM2 complete plow assemblies will fit on a MM1 truck and the likewise in reverse.
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2004

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

I have a new X-Blade and I love that lever for the pins!