1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Minute Mount Solenoid Control Valve

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Bootsie321, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Bootsie321

Bootsie321 Junior Member

Hi: Can anyone help me? I'm attaching a Fisher Minute Mount Plow (98) to a 2004 F-250.I don't have any detailed diagrams or instructions for the control valve. Everything is working except for the up down left right control. There is power to the pump and it runs but there is no power to the lift and left and right up and down solenoid. Any ideas?????:cry:
  2. MRBachand

MRBachand Senior Member

Does it motor run when you move lever side to side and up?

Wiggle the connections truck to plow when someone is working controll see if its a tired connector fault.

Try this mechanics guide .

Pop the cover off the solonoids, clean all contacts and there should be a diagram of color codes to solonoids.
  3. bill 1964

bill 1964 Junior Member

over the summer i put a used 97' mm1 on my old ford truck and had a lot of problems with the grill connectors, dirty, loose, if i wiggled them the plow would operate fine, the next day the same thing, plow would not work so i priced a repair plug kit (80$ per side, ouch) wound up cleaning the terminals with electric contact cleaner, shined them up with a small needle file and pinched the female ends closed with a small pair of needle nose pliers and finished off w/ diaelectric grease. they fit tight now and testing every now and then it works all the time. also the pump harness the male contacts are split so i used a jewelers screw driver to open thoes up. i just tried it today on a cold rainy day all is good so far
  4. MRBachand

MRBachand Senior Member

Couldn't agree more. I use to have to use a bungie to hold sideways pressure on theconnectors or same thign would happen, make noise but no move...

I'm going to find a small file like you mentined and shine mine up too.

This is excellent advice for any electrical contact, including power leads, solonoids, motor power mounting, and solonoid termninals.

Electrical contacts need good positive and good clean grounds, or you'll work your electrical system in your truck alot harder, or worse, failure.

Also great preventive maintenance in your truck including batts, grounds, relays, high amp fuses, and regular fuses.
  5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Just out of courisoity, has any of the harness on the plow side been messed with?

Sounds like bad ground to coils, check and make sure that the org/blk wire is to the ground terminal of the power cable.
  6. guido833

guido833 Junior Member

Where do I put the Isolation Module and Motor Relay for Fisher MM2 on 2002 Dodge Quad Cab Truck. There is not a lot of room in the engine compartment.
  7. bill 1964

bill 1964 Junior Member

guido833 you should start a new thread for this question, it will get you more responces quickly.
    i dont own a dodge ( a couple of ford trucks) so i cant help give you any advice EXCEPT dont do what i did, which was mounting the motor relay in a nice spot only to find the friggin hood hinge hit it when closing the hood, lol. it only seemed obvious afterwords
  8. paulthehandyman

paulthehandyman Junior Member

lost power to the solenoid control