1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Minute Mount- Original

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by slickmcnick, Nov 2, 2013.

1. slickmcnick

slickmcnick Junior Member

Hey all. In need of some help here. picked up an original minute mount 7'6 setup. Need to know what wiring aspects ill need (module and wire harness) and part numbers if possible. My truck is a 1998 Dodge ram 2500 8800gvw reg cab long bed 5.9 gas. The setup I have has two square relays and a solenoid near the battery. Issue now is everytime I hook the wires to the solenoid exactly like the fisher diagram shows, it overloads the small wire that goes from the battery to solenoid. HELP! If its simple to hook up what I have, ill go for it, but if in the long run the module etc is better ill go that route. Trying to keep cost down. If it helps the whole setup was previously on a 1993 F150 6 cyl reg cab long bed.

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

If it were me I would go with the isolation module and do away with the relays.If you do go with the isolation module route you will need isolation module number 29070-1 and headlamp harness number 29050.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

What wires are you hooking up to the solenoid? Is it A plow 4 pin solenoid?

4. slickmcnick

Yes its a 4 post solenoid

5. dieselss

Ok. What wires are you hooking up to it. Colors too abs how many

6. slickmcnick

4 Wires total. red from battery to solenoid. from harness to solenoid an orange/white. large neg from batt to solenoid. then large black/red from solenoid to the plug outside of the truck

7. slickmcnick

also there was 2 orange wires but one melted. The other one goes on the same small post on the solenoid as the orange one up to thr neg on the battery

8. dieselss

Wait wait wait. No big negative wire to that solenoid!!

9. slickmcnick

Big negative goes from the outside plug to the battery. the other wire in the plug the red/black goes to the solenoid

10. dieselss

My solenoid. It's not a fisher but you'll get the idea of how to hook up. Batt pwr in at the big stud. Batt pwr out at the other big stud. One small stud is gnd and the other is signal pwr.

IMAG1263.jpg

11. slickmcnick

Why is there 2 large wires on the big post? Wire from the battery and the pos from the plug on the same post?

12. dieselss

Oh that. It's a "test in progress". Lol. Ran another pwr and gnd to the plow.

13. slickmcnick

So i should have pwr in and out. got it. where should the solid black from the power plug go? Neg on the battery?

14. dieselss

Yes. Or. Some solid place and you can always add a gnd to it. I.e. engine, alt bracket, cylinder head, etc