1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Minute Mount not working - No POWER Help!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by cchinny, Oct 27, 2011.

1. cchinny

cchinny Junior Member
    from NH

Three plug 6' Fisher minute mount. It worked fine last year on my 1997 V6 Tacoma. I pulled it off last year stored it inside and installed it on a 2001 4cyl tacoma today. I wired everything except for the turn signal wires and NOTHING on the plow works. When plugged in/hooked up, the headlights on the truck come on, but not the plow lights. I have no power to my controller. The red and black wires off the battery have power (checked with a 12v light). Off the solenoid I ahve power off the terminal coming from the battery but not power off the other terminal with the red wire going to the plow. I do have the red wire hooded into my fuse box to power the controller. Please help. We are supposed to get snow tonight. Probably not enough to plow, but I'd like to be ready...

2. cchinny

cchinny Junior Member
    from NH

Also, as far as I can tell the two in line fuses are okay. There is no fuse on the red wire to the fuse box.

3. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

3 port isolation module?

4. cchinny

cchinny Junior Member
    from NH

I have a four port isolation module.

5. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Are you sure the 97 wiring harness is compatible with the 01?

Make sure you have the isolation module plugged in correctly.

Port 1-the two fuses,the plow controller plug that runs into the cab with the red switched accessory wire.It should also have red/green and black/orange running to the motor relay and black/orange connector that runs to battery negative.
    Port 2-Has the connector coming off port 1 harness and the vehicle light harness 11 pin.
    Port 3-is your short plug in harness for your driver side headlights
    Port 4-is your long plug in harness for your passenger side headlights

As far as your motor relay setup.If your looking at the relay with the larger terminals going up and down and the smaller terminals left to right.

Top large terminal-goes to battery positive and the red/green wire from port 1 of the isolation module goes there was well.

Bottom large terminal-goes to the red two plug power harness for the plow the black terminal from the power harness goes to battery negative.

Left small terminal -has brown/red wire coming from port 1 of the isolation module

Right small terminal -black/orange and brown/green wires go there.

The brown splice wire is for parking lights
    The purple splice wire is for your turn signals

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  6. cchinny

cchinny Junior Member
    from NH

I will check the above, but I pulled the harness complete without unhooking anything last year so everything should be connneted correctly.

7. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Do you have an "in line" fuse on the controller power wire (red wire to fuse panel), also check for power at that fuse panel connection.

8. cchinny

cchinny Junior Member
    from NH

I checked all the connections and fiddled with the plow plugs a little and checked the grounds. Now it is working. Thanks guys!