1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher minute mount install questions

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by alohazabel, Dec 15, 2013.

1. alohazabel

alohazabel Member

I've started a few threads the last week or so. This is my first plow, and I have gotten great help. Thanks to all.

I'm installing a used Fisher Minute Mount SEHP with relay style wiring on a 2000 silverado 1500. It has 2 plugs. One with two pins and one with nine.

I had to order a different headlight harness and it hasn't arrived yet, but I have everything else hooked up.

I thought the plow would function without the relays or headlight harness, so I plugged it in today, and here's what happened:

I hooked up the 2 plugs (2 pin) and (9 pin). The light went on on the joystick, but the plow wouldn't move at all, and motor didn't make any noise.

I ran jumper cables directly from the truck battery to the plow motor, and the motor ran and the plow angled all the way right, so the motor works,

I used a test light to check the motor relay (solenoid). With the truck running, plugs hooked up, and joystick turned on, The test light lit on both small terminals (with orange/ black wire, and brown/ red wire), and the large terminal with fat red wire from the battery, but no power on large terminal with the black/red wire that goes to the plow motor.

Like I said, I don't have the light harness and relays hooked up yet, but I don't think that should matter. I didn't actually hook the plow onto the truck either, just plugged it in.

Any ideas? Help? Insight? Thanks in advance.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Wait till you get it all hooked up

3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

The small terminal with black/orange should have two wires on it, both black w/ orange. One form plow harness and one the battery neg to that terminal.

4. alohazabel

alohazabel Member

thanks.

that was the problem. I had the orange/black hooked to the hot side of the battery.

I switched it over to the ground, and I'll test it out in the morning. Hope I didn't mess anything up trying to operate it that way.

5. NHIngy

NHIngy Junior Member

I'm in the same boat right now, did you ever get it to work without having the headlights hooked up?

6. alohazabel

alohazabel Member

yes

let me know where you're at, and I'll see if I can help you out. I still have all the wiring diagrams and stuff that I used to get it working last year.