1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Minute Mount Insta Act

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ranger4327, Dec 2, 2007.

1. ranger4327

ranger4327 Member
    from 04747

Motor keeps freezing up on me. I changed the hydraulic fluid with fisher fluid. Still freezing up. I have to thaw out the motor before she will operated correctly. What do i have to do to eliminate the moisture and get it going again?:drinkup:
  2. ranger4327

ranger4327 Member
    from 04747

still freezing up

anyone have any ideas? i have to put the heat to the motor for just a few minutes and it frees up......

so it must be moisture in the motor that is freezing. What must be done to get rid of the moisture and is there something specific that maybe causing the problem? must be condensation or rain during the summer? filter, gasket? any idears?

a good storm is a brewing here in the northwoods of maine

3. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

You need to really take it apart, not just drain and refill. Disconnect hoses and rock plow back and forth to get all fluid out of angle rams and lift cylinder. Now pull the unit off headgear and bring inside. Drain it, then pull motor out, clean pump screen and I even seperate the pump and clean it (simple gear pump) Pull all the solenoid off take angle block apart, etc. Get it all broken down cleaned and dried (use compressed air if you can) then reassemble and fill.

Go to Fisher's website for instructions and an exploded view of setup.