1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Minute Mount II motor rebuild?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Hooked, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Hooked

Hooked Junior Member

I'm looking to rebuild my Minute Mount II Hydraulic Motor MUE-6301. It was new in 2009. I cannot find what I thought would be a simple repair part. The armature, brushes and bearing is fine. The motor cap failed due to corrosion allowing water to enter near the "+" and "-" studs that slide into the cap. Does anyone know where I could buy just the motor cap for what appears to be a Prestolite 12V motor?

2. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

I am not sure, however i put a new motor on my older mm2 last week and it is SAM replacement motor for 150$ if you are looking for a new motor.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Rebuild shop I would guess

4. Hooked

Hooked Junior Member

Guess I'm too much of a Yankee to throw away a perfectly good motor that just needs a new cover. Thanks

5. Hooked

Hooked Junior Member

I tried a local rebuild shop. They typically have parts for everything. In this case they said they don't rebuild them as they can sell a replacement motor for $150.

6. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

I have a brand new one still in the box $75. Where are you located?

7. Hooked

Hooked Junior Member

Rowley ma.

8. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

75 or 150....easy pay that for peace of mind for a new unit.

For me, that's a easy choice.

9. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Im in CT if you want to take a ride:drinkup: