1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher minute mount compatibility

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by jpangborn, Sep 24, 2011.

1. jpangborn

jpangborn Junior Member

HI I am new to truck plows, my wife and I have plowed our driveway for the past several years with a four wheeler. This year I was thinking to make life a little easier for my wife while I am out of town, a truck mounted would be nice so she can put our 1 year old son in the truck with her. I went looking for a used Fisher that would be easy to put on if she needed to. I have not found one for my truck, but keep finding ones for other trucks that are in good condition. I talked to the local fisher dealer and he told me that I should find one that came off a truck as identical to mine as possible, or buy new. I was thinking that I should be able to use some of the harness from another vehicle with the isolation module and get a different headlight wire kit, and push plates. He said I would need all new vehicle side wire harness, module and under carriage and that would cost about half what a complete new plow setup would cost. Am I crazy thinking if I got a complete set up from a different make/ model truck that I could use the controller, isolation module and most of the wiring or should I just bite the bullet and go new? Thanks in advance, James