1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher minute mount cartridge valve removal how to

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by toddamus, Dec 11, 2010.

1. toddamus

toddamus Junior Member

I"m new so please forgive me. I'm trying to remove a cartridge valve and i have taken off the "back nut?" but it doesn't seem to want to pull off and i see on the back closest to the valve block there is another nut but it seems to be too narrow to get a wrench on it between the valve block and the cartridge coil thingy? how do i get that thing off there to replace it.

I threw thingy in there so you guys would know how new i am

2. toddamus

toddamus Junior Member

figured it out

after taking of the back nut...i used a large flat screwdriver to gently nudge the coil off the valve....very easy ...just wouldn't move just by hand pressure...then a deep well socket took the valve out of the block...replaced both and now when i use the left angle the plow angles left instead of lifting like it was

3. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

like todd said, take the first nut off, then pull the coil off, then a deep socket and pop it off. be quick with the new one so you don't lose too much oil