1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher minute mount air bound, need help

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by gforman, Oct 28, 2011.

1. gforman

gforman Junior Member
    from NY

i bought my pickup (F250) new in 2003 and had a new fisher minute mount installed. i have changed the fluid every year and never had a problem until now. i had one of the hoses going to the right side angle cyl start to leak so i replaced it when i did the yearly fluid change. now the plow whines loudly and barely raises or angles. i have been trying to bleed the air out but i am not having any luck. can someone tell me the proper way to bleed the system of air.

EDIT: i also would like to know where/how to clean the filter as i have never done it before.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  2. LON

LON Senior Member

are you sure it is air? I wonder if the pick-up tube fell off.

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

If the reservoir is full, are in an angle ram hose is not your problem.

4. gforman

gforman Junior Member
    from NY

no, i'm really not certain it is air. not sure what the pick-up tube is your talking about. i'm open for any and all sugjestions in an attempt to figure this out.

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Go to Fisher's website and download the manuals for your plow. It will show you how to take it apart.

6. jaybird

jaybird Member

on the bottom of the hydraulic unit there are 4 little bolts on in each corner of the reservoir where it meets the manifold (alluminum block in middle). lower can and presto thers the pick up tube. obviousley u want to drain the can first. now some people can do it without unbolting the hyd. unit from the headgear. in 05 they created a pick up tube clip to hold it it place. it comes in the parts bag 66763-1

7. gforman

gforman Junior Member
    from NY

i'll try taking the reservoir off today and see if the filter is clogged or if the pick-up fell off. thanks so much for the help, i appreciate it.

8. gforman

gforman Junior Member
    from NY

took the reservoir off and what did i find.........the intake filter was clogged beyond belief. since my local parts house is closed today i couldn't get a new filter so i cleaned it, reassembled everything and the plow works like new. thanks to everyone who guided me in the right direction, i appreciate it very much.

9. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

And now you know mulch more about your plow than you did a few days ago....

You also know where to look when it freezes up too. Are you running the Fisher blue fluid? And the new style gray breather cap?

10. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

I laugh everytime I see this.

11. gforman

gforman Junior Member
    from NY

i am using a generic brand blue hyd fluid and i have not changed the breather cap, still have the original metal one.

12. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The new breather cap is a huge improvement over the old style. Does a better job keeping moisture out of your system.