1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher minute mount 2

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by chevyshovelin, Oct 29, 2004.

1. chevyshovelin

chevyshovelin Junior Member

:waving: Hello does anyone have the new rd 7.5 fisher,,just got her home she looks great but how can ya lock this thing either on truck or off .I see no holes in the pins,,any suggestions ?thanks pumpkin:

2. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

I have a 7.5 RD MM1 same problem. However at 600 + pounds I don't want to mess witht the guy that can lug it off anyway. :D

But seriously, there was a device I saw on the web that sat in where the plow mates up with the truck side ears. Then the pins go in and it locks to the mount somehow (not sure how). It may get a lock cable run through it or something.

3. harley hauler

harley hauler Senior Member

Hey guys, Ihave a mm1 where the jack leg comes down to support plow I bought a large throat master lock and put it to the hole closet to the bottom of the jack so if someone tryed to hook up they would'nt be able to pull the jack up off the ground. jmop

4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

I wanna see someone carry the whole mount and plow away

5. plowman777

plowman777 Senior Member

does anyone know if the 7.5 RD comes with a cutting edge as stock??...i am taking delivery on one from the truck dealer and not sure if its included normally.
    the website shows the blade all yellow with holes on the trip edge. so it doesnt look like it, and they talk about a high carbon edge as an accessory.....please respond asap, i need to know if i have to fight the dealer monday.

6. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Dont hold me to it, but i dont think they do.They like you to wear down the trip edge a little before you add on the new edge.

7. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

The "trip edge" is the cutting edge. Take it as it comes; you will then need to wear the edge down some (several inches) before you put a seperate cutting edge on it. The holes you are talking about are there to bolt the new cutting edge to. With some edges, you can order them pre-drilled to fit your plow, otherwise you drill the holes in the edge to match. The trip edge doesn't wear out that fast. You'll have plenty of time to get another edge when you need it, unless you're scraping continuously for about 20 hours a day on pavement.

8. plowman777

plowman777 Senior Member

thanks mick, that seems so strange, i knew the holes were for a cutting edge,
    just seems like the trip blade i would want to keep 100% intact as it has reinforcing behind it albeit higher up. and if i put a cutting edge on it now it will raise the plow too high?...i read a bit that backdragging wasnt good with this plow, can i put an auxilary back drag edge on this like the westerns have?

9. Mick

from Maine

I don't really have any problems backdragging with mine, which is the same as yours. Try it out first and get used to it. If you're still not satisfied with the backdragging, you should be able to fabricate something. Or there might be something on the market for that.

You don't have "down pressure" as such, but you have the weight, which acts the same. You can also keep the blade in a "locked" position while backdragging. Just takes a little practice to not hold it down until it's in "float".

10. plowman777

plowman777 Senior Member

so you float the plow all the way down, then go up a tad to keep it rigid?

11. Mick

from Maine

Yes, basically. All you have to do is tap the controller "up" to get it out of float mode (which it may not be in, anyway). You wouldn't actually need to raise the plow at all. Just practice a little.

12. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

Ok, but since a Fisher blade is supported by chains (except the Homesteader) not being in "float" only keeps the blade from dropping any further. It does nothing to keep the blade from riding up on top of packed snow.

13. Mick

from Maine

Technically, you are correct. But, I've done like I said for four years now and it works. Maybe it's just the weight of the moldboard, but it works. Also, I can't remember ever having to backdrag hard-packed snow. Usually, if I ever get in a situation with packed snow, I'm plowing forward. If you did have to backdrag packed snow, my advice would be to plow forward to loosen it, then lift the plow, put it ahead of where you just plowed and backdrag normally; pulling the loosened snow with it.

14. jsheedy75

jsheedy75 Member
    from CT

I have the same plow on my f250 that was on my bronco. the plow was terrible at backdragging on my bronco, but works great on my f250. I think it has a lot to do with what angle the aframe sits at. the f250 is taller than the bronco so the rear of the aframe is higher changing the angle of the cutting edge.

15. chevyshovelin

chevyshovelin Junior Member

thanks for reply..locking plow.

Thanks to everyone who replied about locking fisher minute mount 2,,actually i know of guys who went bowling last yr.After the game they walked out to discover plows,,,,GONE! but hey im in Rochester NY,,either a person with the same truck setup can disconect your plow from your truck,,or 3/4 burly guys can easily slide a plow onto a flatbed lowboy trailer,,,,,,and just last week 2 idiots stole a plow from behind a business,,were chased from owner,,,they exited a highway ramp didnt stop for light. hit a 19 yr old college gall,,she later died,,And yes the fisher plow comes with cutting edge installed,,i recomend the fish stick,,happy plowing. :eek: