1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Minute Mount 2 Questions

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Theshoemaker, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Theshoemaker

Theshoemaker Senior Member

Hello, I'm considering buying a Minute Mount 2 V plow but I don't very much about them. First, what might one be worth?? It is a 8.5ft v blade with 3 plug setup.By the looks of it, it might be 5 years old,maybe older??The seller is asking 2,000 for plowside only (no push plates,controller,wiring). Sound fair?? It's in good shape, it's straight and virtually rust free.Lastly, I would like to put it on my 96 F350, what would i need and where would I buy it?? I'm too far west and we have very few fisher dealers so I'm thinking online might be my best bet. I know I need a set of push plates for the truck, but I have no idea where to start with the wiring and especially the isolation stuff and headlight.3 plugs on plowside so I'm thinking I need 3 harnesses for truckside??
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Yes, it's worth $2k all day long. Let me warn you now, getting your truck setup isn't cheap. For what your saving on the plow (condition dependent of coarse), you'll be way ahead of the game.

You would need the following components truck side:
    Push Plates: 7128
    ISO Module: 29070-1
    Light Kit: 29050
    Power Harness and Solenoid: 63411, 22511, 5794k-1
    Control Harness: 26346
    Control: 9800

List of Area Dealers

Paul or Tyler at Langs would be more then happy to set you up over the phone as well. (603) 431-9727

3. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Ryan, that plow will fit a truck that old? My friend wanted to put an xblade-v plow on his 98 2500.Can he put one on that?

4. Theshoemaker

Repoman: YOU ROCK!!! I have been searching for the last 2 hrs and got ONE part number lol, and you provided me with ALL of them in no time... Yes, the plow is in really good shape, paint has been touched up and it's free of dents,bends,cracks,etc... Thanks again for the info!!!

5. Theshoemaker

By any chance, would a 9700 controller work??

6. RepoMan207

from Maine

Ahyup, the push plates for the MM's goes back quite a ways. Hit up E Match. You'll have to sub the control harness for the 7 pin if going with a EzV.

7. RepoMan207

from Maine

Yes, I think that's the old "mode" button one. Do yourself a favor and go with a newer 9800.