1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher minute mount 1 motor stud broke off can I ground the wires to the plow frame?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Mitchplows, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Mitchplows

Mitchplows Member

Can I take the ground wires that were on the pump motor and ground them to the plow frame?

2. Mitchplows

Mitchplows Member

Will the motor still run if I do that?

3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Should work. Work well? Probably not. DC current flows from - to +, one of the reasons a ground is so important. By mounting neg. cable to frame will increase the amount of resistance before the motor even gets to use the power.

4. Mitchplows

Mitchplows Member

If those studs are replaceable, how long would it take to put it in or how big a job is it? Should I just get a new motor?

5. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Never did a fisher motor. If it is half as bad as a meyer get a new one. Stud isn't the hard part, get the motor brushes back in is.

6. Mitchplows

Mitchplows Member

I'll try the cheap way out first. Thanks

7. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

... I never had a problem getting the brushes back in on a meyer. In fact, its about the easiest electric motor to reassemble. Dead simple.