1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FisHer Minute Mount 1 ID

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by BillM2, Nov 23, 2010.

1. BillM2

BillM2 Junior Member

I bought a Minute Mount One (I believe) for my 1994 Ford F150 4x4 shortbox off another '94 F150. Not certain what I have. Can someone help ID plow, pump, etc?

[​IMG][/IMG]

The plow has three springs>

[​IMG]

2. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

thats a belt driven pump and the blade is a 71/2 ft

3. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

Fisher Speed Cast great plows!

4. BillM2

BillM2 Junior Member

I was looking to know more specifically what type or model the plow and pump are. I think its a RD Series H plow but I could be wrong.

5. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

As he said, the hydraulics are mounted under-hood and powered from the belt system up near the radiator. It's the first generation minute mount system, and many like the warming action of the engine keeping the fluid & components warm (my original speedcast in 1993 had the same under-hood setup but was not a minute mount).

6. BillM2

BillM2 Junior Member

So it's a Speed Cast plow and frame? The sticker says Minute Mount systems not Speedcaster anywhere. Is it possible the plow is some other model. And,any idea what the two combined weight is? Trying to figure out if I'll need some additional support up front like Timbrens. Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  7. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

Thats not a speedcast it's a minute mount. If it was a speedcast you would have the headgear seprat from the plow

8. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

it's a mm1 plow . It runs off the motor .It's a good plow. Not sure on the weight.Put it on your truck and see how much it squats.then decide if you need more suspension

9. BillM2

BillM2 Junior Member

Yes, I think so too. It's a MM1 plow, but just curious which series it might be and approximately how old it is.

Thanks for the input so far!

10. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Go to fisher plow ,com. You can get the install directions.

11. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Don't quote me on this, but I believe the last of the Speedcast plows came out around 1994-1995, so this was probably the first of Minute Mount 1 in the mid 90's. My last Speedcast was in 1993, and I know it wasn't offered much past then.

12. 1979bronco

1979bronco Junior Member
    from USA

I have a speedcast minute mount1.

I have a speedcast minute mount1, it came on a 1997 dodge, but not sure if it was made in 1997 (or 96 for a 97 truck). It looks exactly like the one in the back of your truck. It has an id plate ontop of the upper yellow lift triangle thingy.
    I am currently adapting it to fit a 79 bronco. almost done...