1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Minute 2 Mount won't move.

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Mike 2655, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Mike 2655

Mike 2655 Junior Member

Have power out main leads to pump but won't angle or lift. Put plow on truck last night, didn't move so unplugged and replugged in connections and it worked. This AM nothing, cleaned all plugs with contact cleaner 3X and nothing. Can hear solonoid clicking. Had to leave set for now. Any suggestions, grounding issue(s)?? Thank you

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Try putting jumper cable from battery to plow motor. If motor runs you have a wiring/solenoid or control problem. Doesn't run motor problem.

3. Mike 2655

Mike 2655 Junior Member

Thank you! I'll try that this evening.

4. H.M.R

H.M.R Junior Member

My rule of thumb:If solenoid clicks and plow doesnt move, time for a new one

5. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Not all of us like to just throw parts at it and hope something sticks.

6. H.M.R

H.M.R Junior Member

Have it your way, my money is still on the $7 solenoid

7. Ieatsno

Ieatsno Junior Member

I have an old fisher that takes in air and it wont do squat and then all of a sudden starts working, Im thinking an air pocket works its way into the valve body for some reason, if i remove the fill plug and cycle the controller a couple times i get a big burp of air push out of the fill hole and then all is fine. I haven't really had time to mess with finding out why air is getting into the valve body.