1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Minute 2 for '96 Toyota Tacoma

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by rosolar, Nov 29, 2004.

1. rosolar

rosolar Junior Member
    from MASS

What size plow do people think is reasonable for '96 Toyota Tacoma? I'm planning on getting new suspension, too. -It's a manual V6.

Also, if anyone is near Boston and looking to sell a plow (will need everything for truck), please let me know.

thanks

Last edited: Nov 29, 2004
  2. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

6'9" Fisher or even better 7'6" LD Fisher. You may find some used around here, check ebay. You may also find a 6'6" Fisher as well which is older but still minuite mount. If your willing to travel a bit, there is a guy I know in Auburn, ME that sells lots of used fishers, he may be able to do something for you. If you want his E-Mail Ill get it for you.

3. rosolar

rosolar Junior Member
    from MASS

4. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Blizzard max plow for the tacoma is a 720. approx. 380 lbs.

5. rosolar

rosolar Junior Member
    from MASS

You mean, 7'-2", correct?

6. cja1987

Thats the guy, he has a whole fleet of stuff, but does not always have LD series blades around :cry:

No, the 7'6" *LD* is not too much for a Tacoma, its just right. 6'9" or 6'5" would also be fine. Blizzard which was mentioned above makes a nice plow to fit a tacoma, curtis, snoway, western will also have plows for it.

7. rosolar

rosolar Junior Member
    from MASS

Thanks for the info. Now I just need to find a good price on one....

8. jcald

jcald Junior Member

I had a 96 taco with a fisher minute mount 6'9" blade. The thing was unstoppable even with a 4 cyl auto. :salute:

9. Chainlink

Chainlink Member
    from Vermont

I have a 98 trd V6 with a fisher 6'9" and it pushes no problem WHen we ever get snow up here( darn rain) I plan on snapping a few pictures to show what it can do. Last year we had a couple of big snow early in the season and a local plow guy( f350 big a burly plow :) ) couldnt believe the piles I had.

10. cja1987

If you want a new plow, you will get the best price on a Blizzard 720 LT from Portsmouth Ford in Portsmouth, NH about $2,800 installed last i checked, try getting that anywhere else.

Otherwise, there are a few Fishers on E-Bay now that would be good for your truck.
    Good Luck