1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Mc 10' on 05 GMC 4500

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by tjcezar, Dec 7, 2008.

1. tjcezar

tjcezar Member

Just put a used 10' Fisher MC on my GMC 4500 and hooked everything up with all new harnesses. The only old wiring I used was a used Fish stick controller. Everything works as should except the right and left are reversed. All wires are in the correct pin designation on the female adapter to the fish stick. Where could the problem be. It is not as simple as reversing any of the wiring since I tried that and that really screwed things up. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. lucky13rme

lucky13rme Member

maybe a crossed hydraulic line?

3. tjcezar

tjcezar Member

left is on left side and right is on right. I guess that would be an easy fix but I am just concerned it would not be the right way (maybe the guy I bought from had them crossed though?) and end up burning something out. Like I said though everything seams to work fine so far. Maybe that is what it is.

4. tjcezar

tjcezar Member

Thanks for the info. You were correct! I found a parts diagram of my hydro unit and the lines do cross. Something so simple, I feel like an idiot. I just did all the wiring and new plow mounts on my truck with no issues which isn't the easy task for someone who doesn't do it everyday and then something as simple as that had me stumped. Thanks again and happy plowing!

5. tjcezar

tjcezar Member

The guy I bought plow from had them swapped!