1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher loose wiring

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by chris k, Sep 15, 2003.

1. chris k

chris k Senior Member

One of my trucks with a Fisher MM has a problem with the wiring coming loose at the truck. The wiring starts to wiggle loose and eventually the plow stops working. The wiring never actually comes off though. The strange part is that in order to get the plow to work again you have to actually unhook both of the plugs and then plug them back in.
    Any ideas on how to get the connections tight with out having to replace all the ends on the plow and the truck??

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

sounds like the 9-pin connector is wearing out, one trick is to take a pair of adjustable pliers and gently squeeze the truck side connectors. Also make sure that there isnt a lot of slack in the harness between the grill and the plow to allow snow and ice to build up on the harness and pull it apart. If that doesnt work, fischer does make a replacement end that takes less than an hour to replace and is a lot easier and cheaper than replacing the whole main harness.

3. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

I had the same problem with my V-plow, I tried squeezing the connector and I've always used lots of dielectric grease. I used a nylon tie-wrap to tie a small bungee ( 3") to the plow side plug and hook each end of it to a part of the grill to keep pressure on the plug ( Fisher use the plug cover to hook around a clip on the plug) and I found that as the plug became worn it would work loose, or melted snow running off the hood would form ice on the plug and loosen it. The bungee cord solved the problem.

Bill

4. chris k

chris k Senior Member

thanks I'll give them both a try

5. FORDNUT

FORDNUT Junior Member

Chris,
    See your fisher dealer and purchase a truckside and plowside
    repair harness. Your dealer can replace them or it is not a difficult
    diy repair, just follow the enclosed instructions and you'll get
    a few more seasons of trouble free service.
    Good Luck, Fordnut:drinkup: