1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher lights

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by chrisf250, Nov 18, 2012.

1. chrisf250

chrisf250 Member
    from MASS

Hey guys I have a minute mount 1, the passenger light was broken so I bought a new set. The set I bought only has 4 wires where the old one had 5. I tried to wire the passenger side in but ran into some problems so I it off. With no light on the passenger side the drivers side will not work. Is this normal? Not sure what I need to do to make this work

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

You sure you didn't blow a fuse? Did you look at fishers website for the wiring diag?

3. chrisf250

chrisf250 Member
    from MASS

Do they have a diag for this? The old lights worked fine the mounting bracket was just rusted out. I figured I would just connect the four wires and leave the fifth hanging. The lights I bought were grounded inside the lense instead of using the black wire with the orange stripe. I'm pretty sure it's some sort of grounding issue because when I hold the wiring harness all of the lights start to blink. If I unplug the harness the truck lights function normally.

4. dieselss

Well did you get the same replacement light?

5. chrisf250

chrisf250 Member
    from MASS

They look identical but the lights I bought have four wires coming out of the light cover as opposed to the five that my old lights had. It's because these lights are grounded within the lense instead of running a dedicated ground line. The lights I bought were for an old plow before minute mounts.

6. dieselss

Ok. So old rectangular ones right?? Maybe a pic if the wiring. But still look on fishers website that will help a lot

7. chrisf250

chrisf250 Member
    from MASS

Yeah sorry the old ones not the intensifires, il take a look and see what I can find. Thanks for the help

8. dieselss

See if you can get a pic. There should be 5 wires. 2 for parking. 2 for turn. 1 for low beam. 1 for high beam and 1 gnd odd that there's only 4 on an older factory light

9. chrisf250

chrisf250 Member
    from MASS

Right, I opened it up and both the headlamp and turn signals are grounded inside the light. So I figured if I just let the black with orange stripe wire hang it would be okay but apparently not. I'm thinking that I will just have to re wire the grounds so that they tie into the orange/black wire.

I only have a cellphone so getting a pic is out, sorry

10. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

You need to connect the black wire with the orange tracer to the light bracket. Without that wire you don't have a good ground back to the battery.

11. chrisf250

chrisf250 Member
    from MASS

Okay thanks. That's what I was thinking, il give it a try and report back.

12. dieselss

Yea. The bk/og is gnd. Its gotta be connected the the turn signal bracket assm.

13. dieselss

But you should have that bk/og coming from the harness already into the light

14. chrisf250

chrisf250 Member
    from MASS

The lights I have don't have a bk/og line, they are grounded inside the light