1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher light problem

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by glen100, Sep 30, 2009.

1. glen100

glen100 Junior Member
    from Mass

The vehicle lights work fine but when I plug in I get one light that works in the truck and one that works on the plow, one on each side. Anyone have an answer? I changed the Isolation module but no luck. Thanks for any help out there.

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

What year and make truck and what lights exactly are doing what?

3. glen100

glen100 Junior Member
    from Mass

It is a 2003 Toyota Tacoma. Fisher LD Minute Mount. When the truck is not plugged into the plow the driver side low beam does not work. If I put on the highs then they both go on. The same thing happens when I plug the plow in. Driver side low beam does not work but the high beam does. Could it be the factory relay. I don't know if they (relays) work high beam low beam side to side specific like that?

4. glen100

glen100 Junior Member
    from Mass

I first stated that one worked on the plow and one on the vehicle, but I had the plug from the plow going into the headlight. One more thing, if I plug in direct from the plow harness to my headlights and don't use the factory plug the vehicle lights work fine. This one is crazy!

5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If memory serves me correctly there is only a single headlamp relay that operates both sides and both beams, so you can rule that one out as a possibility. Also recall two headlamp fuses, one for each side but each one protects both beams on that respective side headlamp...so you can likely rule fuses out as well.

If it's a new install I'd go with Crash and say a mis-configured configuration plug. Or if it's an old install a corrosion issue in that same said plug.

7. glen100

glen100 Junior Member
    from Mass

Well all was good with the plow confiuration, fuses ect. Brought it to the Toyota dealer and told him what was going on. Also that I had aftermarket HIGH output lights that fryed that same socket that I had to change. I have since removed them and I don't recommend anyone doing this to there Truck. Well he had power coming in but not returning, so he jumped something and brought power to it and now we have lights everwhere and the plow to!! Thanks for all your help. I knew I did everything and all checked out.

8. glen100

glen100 Junior Member
    from Mass

NOT SO FAST EDIT TO ABOVE

The lights in the truck work fine now high and low. Now when you plug in the plow on low beams you get one on the truck and one on the plow. When you put the high beams on both the plow lights go on??

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Without knowing what was just done (using your phrase "jumped to bring power in") or what else may have been modified there's no easy way to say what he did or what/where he tied into something (and why) or if that itself may be affecting plow light operation. You need the local guy with wiring skills to troubleshoot it with the plow on.

10. glen100

glen100 Junior Member
    from Mass

I guess the next step is bringing it to where I bought the plow new. The Fisher plow Sales and service Tucks Trucks. Yes with plow on. I am sure I caused this with the high powered lights I had on. Huge mistake. This truck has been garaged since day one plow and truck looks like brand new, (41,000) and I screwed up my electrical.