1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Lift Arm Broken- Weld or Replace

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by blakeusa, Feb 9, 2011.

1. blakeusa

blakeusa Junior Member

I have a Minute Mount Plow with the Lift Arm that has the round chain link type openings for attaching the lift chain. This connection broke today and looks like it had been welded before.

Should I buy a new one or weld a bracket or something? ideas to secure the chain. Lbocal dealer said they were on backorder...

Anyone have a similar problem or fab up a better way to attach the chains.

After looking at the design it is no wonder they replaced it with a PLATE type connector.

Thanks

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

weld on a new hoop ring.

comon fix to do. simple and easy.

3. blakeusa

blakeusa Junior Member

Would I just use a piece of chain link or is there a better material to use?

4. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Got to Mcmaster.com and search this part.
    3028T53

This should do it. Might want to weld a plate on the bottom side of the lift arm and then weld the D/lashing ring in place.
    T.J.

5. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

That looks like a perfect part to fix the problem... I would have never thought about using it for the plow chain!

6. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

I have fixed a couple of them for some locals that way. I even have a few of those D rings in my parts pile.Thumbs Up
    T.J.

7. blakeusa

blakeusa Junior Member

Thanks for the ideas.....

8. FreshGrounder1

FreshGrounder1 Junior Member

Fisher MM2 lift arm

Same thing happened to me today after hitting a dip in the road going 60 mph. How much did parts and labor for welding cost? The new lift arm assembly is only $130. Trying to get it done right for a good price???

05 F250 powerstroke
    Fisher MM2 7.5' w/pro-wings
    Fisher 1000 tailgate

9. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

There is a lift arm on ebay now. The ones I have fixed with the D-ring inlcuded is about 60 bucks. It takes me about 1/2 hour or so to do this.
    T.J.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011