1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher LD

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by brad11ny, Feb 7, 2011.

1. brad11ny

brad11ny Senior Member

How is the Fisher LD...is it a little bit heavier duty than the homesteader? I know it has the trip edge which I like but is the plow worth buying? It would be used for almost all residential.
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Definitely heavier than the Homesteader. The HT is a good choice if you are stuck on Fisher.

Have you looked at SnoWay? Very good choice for a Jeep doing Resis.
  3. brad11ny

brad11ny Senior Member

yes I have looked at the snow way, nice plow but I like the trip edge. Do you have a snowway? do you find the full trip to be going over with any heavy snow?
  4. brad11ny

brad11ny Senior Member

I'm looking at buying a used LD, but would spend the extra money if the SD or HT would be a lot better...any thoughts?
  5. KEC Maintaince

KEC Maintaince Senior Member
    from N.J.

im looking at the blizzard my self
  6. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

I have the Fisher LD 6'-9" and I LOVE IT on my Rubicon. Easy on easy off, and fast. Great Plow for a jeep with timbrens.