1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher joystick mounting '89 f-150

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by gagedog, Nov 9, 2006.

1. gagedog

gagedog Junior Member

Looking for some ideas on where/how to mount the joystick control on my 1989 f-150 with a conventional fisher plow. I have installed everything else and it works good, just can't find a decent place to put it without destroying all the cheesy plastic.

Thanks in advance for some ideas.
  2. BJH Snow

BJH Snow Senior Member

I have a 96 f250 and I think we have the same dash. I purchased my truck with the conventional fisher and it was already mounted. Mine is mounted on the right of the steering wheel. I have a little compartment for change or ? and it is mounted on the top portion of the storage compartment. I am going to move it and attach it to an old cell phone mount (from an old truck and phone system) that I mounted on the hump in the middle of the truck. If you would like pictures let me know.
  3. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I attached my controller to the shift lever. Always in reach and you can shift gears and adjust the plow at the same time:D