1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher joystick control mount '89 150

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by gagedog, Nov 9, 2006.

1. gagedog

gagedog Junior Member

Looking for some ideas on where/how to mount the joystick control on my 1989 f-150 with a conventional fisher plow. I have installed everything else and it works good, just can't find a decent place to put it without destroying all the cheesy plastic.

Thanks in advance for some ideas.
  2. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Is just a normal Fisher joystick in th silver an black box? Is the truck an auto? I would mount it to the left of you steering wheel, under where the light controls are. It is the easiest place IMO. You will only need to drill a hole or two. That way you can have your left hand on the controls and your right hand on the steering wheel.
  3. gagedog

gagedog Junior Member

it is the "slc" control, cables and joystick. The truck is a 4 speed std transmission. The cables I have are long and will reach to the right of the steering column. The problem I'm having is finding something solid to mount to. everything is plastic and I'm thinking it will just break. Anyone with pic's? Thanks again