1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Intensifire HID Install.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 20Silverado05, Jan 30, 2011.

1. 20Silverado05

20Silverado05 Senior Member

So $47 and ten minutes later here ya go you can have sweet a$$ HID's in your plow lights? Did them last night and snapped some pics for you guys.

1. Take off back part to light. 3 screws.
    [​IMG]

2. 20Silverado05

2. Remove headlight bulb and replace with HID bulb.
    [​IMG]

3. 20Silverado05

3. Cut the low beam wire and the ground wire from old headlight bulb connector. Splice the blue wire to the low beam wire. And the black to the ground. Tuck the old connector away incase you want to switch back to halogen anyday.
    [​IMG]

4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

and ur done? just joking, very interested in doing this to my two plows.

5. 20Silverado05

4. Put the ballast as shown in last pic and ziptie the wires up good . I wrapped my ballast in bubble wrap and stuck it in there to save from vibration. Then put the cover back on, hook up the plow to your truck and waa laa you are done.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. 20Silverado05

7. Burkartsplow

nice job, what set did u get, where did u get them from and what is the light output for that exact set? I know some guys dont like them to bright as it is tough to see while it is snowing. Thanks for the help.

8. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Nice art work on the front of the plow.

9. samjr

samjr Senior Member

Can't we get

Can't we get a plug and play for the plug on them so we dont got to cut the wires

10. DrakeSabitch

DrakeSabitch Senior Member

Those look like 8Ks. Looks really good, looks like such a better difference in that picture at night with them in. I have HIDs in my truck, want to put them in my plow so bad. when i get intensifires i will. Nice job yours look real good. Have you noticed/checked for any excessive heat from the HIDs in the intensifires yet?

11. 20Silverado05

Thank you I got the 6000k set from DDM tuning , No need for the high/low kit since the lows are brighter than the regular halogen highs. Hopefullly if we get this storm midweek I will tell you how they are.

12. 20Silverado05

I believe the plug and play kit is for the high low beam kit which is alot more wires and would take alot longer than just cutting the wires.

13. 20Silverado05

I dont think excessive heat will be a problem since they are expossed to the elemnts and not tucked in the trucks body like regular headlights . And also how much area the intensifires have they should never get too hot.

14. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

nice, yeah it would be alot more work to do the bixenon kit, people must flash you alot now though, i know they allready do with just my regular intesnse fires

15. Kuzanut

Kuzanut Senior Member

Wait did you install "HID halogen bulbs" or true HID's? if so don't they require a ballast?

16. samjr

samjr Senior Member

3rd post

look in the pic theres a ballast in the pic :mechanic:

17. samjr

samjr Senior Member

whats the Bulb Type

I forget the Bulb Type i know dumb ?
    & Was this the Apexcone Raptor V2 Mid Sized HID kit

18. Burkartsplow

Could you please make a list of the exact setup you ordered from them. I dont want to order anything more then I need. Thanks
    Aaron

19. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

oh yeah is that the 55w or 35w kit?

20. Kuzanut

Kuzanut Senior Member

Oh i see it now. my bad.....