1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Intensefier Lights on Curtis

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Nascar24, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

I installed a pair of Fisher intensifier Headlamps onto a Curtis Snow Pro 3000. The Fisher lights have six wires the Curtis has 5 wires. I connected the wires based on the Fisher lights markings on the wires, Turn, Park, High, low and there are two Commons. The Curtis has Turn , Park, High, Low and one Common. I tied the two commons together and attached them to the one common on the Curtis plugs. The problem I'm having is I'm getting feed back when I put the four way flashers and shut them off both turn signal indicators stay on . when I put the four way flashers they alternate from one side to the other side instead of flashing simultaneously. All the rest seams to work fine any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks Jay

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

You sure you got the gnds correct?

3. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

just double checked them and they are correct. I had a similar issue years ago on a Ford with a Meyer and Trucklites , the adapters were overheated and melted just enough there was a short, I'm going to check for this tomorrow. The reason it triggered my memory was when I actually checked the feed from the plowside harness into the lights I was getting constant power to headlamps with the headlamps off thru the ground :( I got similar results tonight. Fresh thoughts tomorrow and pull the headlamps to see if history has repeated on my Dodge

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Quick thought, try and run an external gnd and see if you get the same results

5. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

I think you are going to have to run separate grounds, the turn signal and headlamp commons can not be wired together.

6. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Thanks I will try an additional ground and see if that resolves the issue